Acknowledgement pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) no. 679/2016 and Data Processing Consent
Pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation”, hereinafter GDPR), and in relation to the personal data of which the University of Notre Dame du Lac (hereinafter also UND) will become available for the reasons mentioned above and after obtaining your consent, we inform you of the following:
The data controller is the University of Notre Dame du Lac, Rome office, via Ostilia n. 15, in the person of Dr. Silvia dall’Olio, who can be contacted by certified email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org. UND has not appointed a personal data protection officer (RPD or DPO) as it is not required to do so.
Purpose of Data Processing
The processing is carried out exclusively for the institutional purposes of UND and aimed specifically at answering questions from users of the Catholic Forum Roma platform (managed by UND), as well as providing information on in-person and virtual events open to the public, organized in Rome by the participating institutions.
Personal data may be processed by means of both paper and computer archives (including portable devices) and processed in a manner strictly necessary to meet the purposes indicated above, always in compliance with the principles of lawfulness, correctness, transparency, limitation of conservation, relevance, adequacy, accuracy, integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
Legal basis of the Processing
UND processes your personal data lawfully, where the processing:
- is necessary for the execution of a mandate or a contract of which you are a party or for the execution of pre-contractual measures adopted upon request;
- is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation incumbent on UND;
- is based on express consent.
Lack of data communication – Consequences
The provision of consent and the processing of your data is necessary for the implementation of the aforementioned purposes and for the provision of services by UND. Any refusal and / or failure to communicate the personal data requested will deem it impossible to carry out the activities and to comply with current regulations.
The processing of data for the aforementioned purposes and in compliance with the aforementioned principles, will be carried out by UND only through the offices intended for the processing of study abroad programs and by persons appointed for this purpose, empowered and trained. Your personal data will not be transferred and communicated abroad.
Your personal data, subject to processing for the purposes indicated above, will be kept for the duration of the existence of the Catholic Forum Roma platform or until your consent is revoked, without prejudice to other purposes provided for by the regulations of law or regulations.
Your personal data, always in compliance with current legislation and the aforementioned principles, may be disclosed to:
- subjects who process data in execution of specific legal obligations;
- judicial or administrative authorities, for the fulfilment of legal obligations
Profiling and Data Transfer
Your personal data are not subject to disclosure, nor to any fully automated decision-making process, including profiling.
Rights of the Interested Party
Among the rights recognized to you by the GDPR, which can be exercised by means of a specific request to UND, via Ostilia n. 15, 00184 Rome, Italy – pec email@example.com. (that will be required to respond within a month, and can be extended up to three months in particularly complex cases), include those of:
- ask UND for access to your personal data and information relating to them; the correction of inaccurate data or the integration of incomplete ones; the cancellation of personal data concerning you (upon the occurrence of one of the conditions indicated in art.17, paragraph 1, of the GDPR and in compliance with the exceptions provided for in paragraph 3 of the same article); the limitation of the processing of your personal data (in the event of one of the hypotheses indicated in art.18, paragraph 1, of the GDPR);
- request and obtain from UND – in the hypothesis in which the legal basis of the processing is the contract or consent, and the same is carried out by automated means – your personal data in a structured and readable format by an automatic device, also in order to communicate such data to another data controller (so-called right to the portability of personal data);
- oppose the processing of your personal data at any time in the event of particular situations concerning you;
- withdraw consent at any time, limited to cases in which the processing is based on your consent for one or more specific purposes and concerns common personal data (for example date and place of birth or address), or particular categories of data (e.g. data revealing your racial origin, political views, religious beliefs, health or sex life). The treatment based on consent and carried out prior to the revocation of the same retains, however, its lawfulness;
- propose a complaint to a supervisory authority (Authority for the protection of personal data – www.garanteprivacy.it).